Garanti BBVA International's standard practices
- GBI will not embed hyperlinks in emails that take you to sites where you must enter your login name, password or personal information.
- GBI will never ask for you to confirm your user name passwords and personal information by email or phone.
Take care of your personal information
- During your first login, you will be asked to change your Internet Banking password.
- Do not use easy to guess passwords like your surname, birthday, city name, your account number etc. It is strongly recommended that your chosen password consists a combination of upper/lower case letters.
- Your login name and password are the keys to your account. Never write them down, include them in an e-mail or give them to anyone else.
- Destroy documents containing personal information securely, and be very cautious in posting personal details to social networking sites on the internet, as criminals can use this information to commit fraud.
- Remember that protecting your login name, password and security details is your responsibility.
- Passwords should be at least 8 and maximum 16 characters.
- The most recent password shouldn't be set as a new password.
- Password should be a combination of letters and numbers.
- Punctuation marks and special characters (like @, $, ^, !, ?) are not allowed.
- Username shouldn't be used in password.
Take care of your computer
- Update your computer by installing the latest software and patches, to prevent hackers or viruses exploiting any known weaknesses in your computer.
- Install and update virus protection, to protect against viruses corrupting your computer and to prevent hackers installing Trojan viruses on your computer.
- Install and update anti-spyware tools.
- Install and update personal firewalls.
Beware of Spam Emails
- Use a spam filter to avoid even seeing these messages.
- Never respond to a spam message, your email address is then recorded as live and the spam will increase.
Verifying Online Banking Website for Secure Login
In order to be sure that the site you are entering really belongs to Garanti BBVA International, and is a secure site you should follow the below steps:
- Never use hyperlinks in emails to login Online Banking. Always type www.garantibank.eu in your browser.
- Click on "Online Banking" and check the URL, it should begin with https://.
- If URL begins with http:// (without 's') then it means it is not secure.
- Check if the browser contains a secure lock icon (a small padlock )