Would you like to put into practice what you’ve learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is actually like? For our Business Support Department we are looking for a proactive, eager and ambitious intern who will operate as part of KYC/ CDD team and have opportunity to learn first-hand performing high-quality customer assessment. As a KYC intern you will learn asking, collecting, analyzing and recording information from (business) clients of the bank. There is a pleasant working atmosphere where there is room for personal development and where initiative is valued.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in analysis of new prospects KYC/CDD documentation to safeguard they meet our standards as well as to define the overall risk of their business model.
- Assist in execution of periodic reviews and reporting on existing customers to ensure KYC/CDD requirements and card scheme rules and regulations
- Provide support to Sales and Account management on potential clients in regards to bank’s acceptance policies
- Bearing in mind the KYC rules and being alert at all times to detect any fraudulent, illegal or unusual activities of clients and to report them promptly to superiors.
- Participating in conducting the sanction controls in terms of compliance to laws and regulations before executing the transactions and arranges communication with GBI Compliance department if their advice is needed.
- Provide support for audits of external parties
- Following a Bachelor or Master level degree focusing on Finance, Economics, Business administration or Law
- Experience in KYC/ CDD or similar areas of a financial institution is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must and Turkish is a pl
"We are looking for a proactive, eager and ambitious intern who will operate as part of KYC/ CDD team and have opportunity to learn first-hand performing high-quality customer assessment."
Key competencies required:
- Structured and logical thinking
- Result oriented and open to self-development
GarantiBBVA International (“GBI”) operates in the Netherlands since 1990. The bank is a 100% subsidiary of Turkiye Garanti Bankasi AS (“TGB”), Istanbul, Turkey. TGB is part of BBVA Group, Spain. BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria). BBVA is a multinational Spanish banking group based in Madrid and Bilbao. The Group has a solid leading position in Spain, is the largest financial institution in Mexico and has leading franchises in South America, the SunBelt Region of the United States and Turkey. Its diversified business is focused on high-growth markets and it relies on technology as a key sustainable competitive advantage. GBI has a branch in Germany (Düsseldorf) and representative offices in Turkey (Istanbul) and Switzerland (Geneva).
GBI serves retail, corporate and institutional clients offering financial solutions in trade and commodity finance, cash management, global market sales, treasury and structured finance while maintaining multi-product relationships with local and global financial institutions around the world. The bank is supervised by the European Central Bank jointly with De Nederlandsche Bank and the Autoriteit Financiële Markten. GarantiBBVA International has aligned its risk management framework with the risk policies and procedures of its Spanish ultimate parent.
What we offer
It is a fulltime internship for a period of minimum 3-6 months with a possibility to extend with financial remuneration. Starting date ASAP. Please note you must be enrolled in a study program in order to qualify fro this position!
Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
How to apply
Please apply via the link or send us your motivation letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org